Day 13: A Breakthrough

 Yesterday, it was the Lord's Day, and I was feeling the need for a break, but there was no time for that. For breakfast, Mom filled up on all the leftover smoothies and orange juice and supplement gummies I had bought in place of her pills, which were getting tiresome for her. (They are laden with sugar, but do go down more easily.)  In the afternoon, I asked her if she wanted to eat anything, and she said, "Well, if it's roast beef..." What a surprise! She wanted solids! So I cooked up steak, and we joined her outside for a mid-afternoon feast. She ate every bit of it! Her corrupted sense of smell had returned to normalcy. 

By evening she crossed another milestone--24 hours with no fever. Praise God!

She is still very weak, and tired of being so. She spent the afternoon writing checks and ordering two wigs and accessories. She needed some entertainment, I guess. She has one wig already, which she thinks isn't the right color, but I think it's a good match. Oh well, it's her money.

Today is Monday, Day 14 of her illness. I still await a telemed call. The referral I got for another local doctor who treats at home has no openings for new patients until Oct. 20. So we wait. If her temp is normal all day today, she will be able to come out of her guest house and into ours. My husband is partially vaccinated and concerned about catching COVID while we are in the midst of producing one of his shows, and he's afraid of shutting down the show. One more day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Quite Out of the Woods

A long slog

Riding the Yo-Yo